My preferred method of cleaning carpets is hot water extraction; commonly referred to as “Steam Cleaning”. I have invested over £15,000 in the most modern equipment available.
There can be a temptation to leave out one or more of these processes to save time. However, I rarely book more than one customer a day when it comes to carpet cleaning in Southend-on-Sea, which allows me enough time to clean your carpets thoroughly using this 9 stage process.
- Room Preparation. I will move larger furnishings such as sofas and chairs. For insurance reasons I ask all customers to move smaller, valuable items such as ornaments before I arrive.
- Vacuum. Then I vacuum your carpets using a powerful Sebo commercial vacuum cleaner. You will be amazed at what this is capable of picking up after you have vacuumed, it beats a Dyson any day.
- Carpet Treatment. Depending on the carpet type any spots or stains will be treated at this point or after extraction. The nature of the stain and fibre must first be determined before any attempt to remove is made.
- Pre-Spray. Next your carpet will be pre-sprayed which will help break up any dirt still present in your carpet.
- Agitation. The pre-spray will be agitated into the carpet with a specially designed machine with contra rotating brushes. The same principle as rubbing your hands together when you wash them to loosen the dirt.
- Hot water extraction. Now the really interesting bit! Hot water extraction or steam cleaning. For this I use a very powerful machine capable of temperatures of 110C. It applies a fine jet of steaming hot solution under high pressure directly into the carpet fibres, it is then immediately extracted using powerful vacuum pumps. This is performed almost simultaneously, therefore not allowing the base of the carpets to become sodden. Thus, considerably speeding up the drying time.
- Grooming. Where appropriate, the carpet will be groomed using a carpet rake.
- Replace Furniture. Finally furniture is replaced on either Styrofoam blocks or foil tabs. This prevents any residual moisture in the carpet from leeching furniture stain that might otherwise spoil your beautiful clean carpet.
Carpet manufacturers recommend that carpets are cleaned once a year to help maintain their quality as well as prolong their life. Built up soils, grit and dust can act like sandpaper in your carpet fibres, shortening the lifespan of your carpets and making traffic lanes look faded and worn well before the time you would expect. Investing in professional carpet cleaning and maintenance means your carpets can last longer and you can save money in the long run. You might also like to consider ordering our upholstery cleaning service in Southend-on-Sea whilst your carpets are being cleaned.
At Roffey Cleaning we know the idea of having your carpets cleaned can seem like a daunting task but when you book us, we can take away some of the worry for you. Our professional cleaning program sees us follow a step-by-step process to ensure we get the best results for you. Using the latest techniques, training and recommended products, we are able to determine the best method of cleaning your carpet in Southend-on-Sea.
Many people in Southend-on-Sea have already benefited from our great service, including families that wanted to freshen up their carpets, home movers tackling stains and reviving their home before a sale, landlords cleaning properties at the end of tenancies, and even just those homes which need a little TLC from doing a Spring clean! Call us today to book your carpet cleaning service in Southend-on-Sea and check out our other services including rug cleaning and spot and stain removal.
Welcome to Roffey Cleaning
Roffey Carpet Cleaning is based in Southend and we provide a friendly local service across Southend and Essex.
Call us today
100% RISK FREE GUARANTEE
All work comes with our satisfaction guarantee. Pay nothing if you’re not completely satisfied.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’ve just spilled liquid all over my carpet, what should I do?
Can you remove all stains?
What is steam cleaning?
This machine pumps highly pressurised water deep into the pile, completely rinsing out the cleaning solution that has been agitated into the carpet. This removes unwanted dust, debris and bacteria, providing relief for those of us who suffer from allergies and generally creating a cleaner, safer environment wherever Hot Water Extraction is used.
Hot Water Extraction doesn’t just offer the best deep clean on the market, but it’s also environmentally friendly and very efficient. It won’t expose you to the chemicals that carpet cleaning techniques employed by other companies do, and it will have your carpets dry in rapid time, causing minimum disruption to your home or business. Of course this is equipment that is being used by highly trained and experienced professionals, so we can get the best results for you carpets. We can clean deeper into the carpet to leave them cleaner and fresher which can make a huge difference to your home.
The most common problem you run into with cheaper, DIY-style devices is over-wetting. Rental machines rarely have the vacuum suction power to extract all the water that is absorbed by the carpet. This can lead to unpleasant odours caused by bacterial growth, and when that happens you’ll need to get a professional in as soon as possible to avoid having to shell out for an expensive replacement. At Roffey Cleaning we get the job done properly the first time, and we offer much better value for money than cheaper cleaning companies who use inferior equipment.
Protect the investment you’ve made in your carpets and get in touch with our friendly team today to book a free, no-obligation quote!
How long will my carpets take to dry afterwards?
Can you clean very old or badly stained carpets?
Do you use eco – friendly cleaning products?
Do you offer a free quote?
I have heard that my carpets re-soil quicker following cleaning, is this true?
I have children/pets; will they be affected by cleaning processes/chemicals?
Health and safety is paramount in the cleaning industry. Professional cleaning solutions are tested for their effects on the environment. It is highly recommended that children and pets stay off of a damp carpet until it is completely dry, this will help prevent slip and fall hazards.
How long will my carpet or Sofa take to dry?
What are the differences between the methods of cleaning and which method is best?
Many different methods exist and all cleaning methods are designed to produce good results, each has its place within the carpet cleaning industry. Some methods use water and others more mechanical action. More important however, is whether the employed technician has the required training to carry out the cleaning properly and safely.
How often should I clean my carpets?
Most manufacturers recommend that carpets should be professionally every 12-18 months. Carpets should be cleaned on a regular basis, before they become heavily soiled. Allowing soil to build up will significantly reduce the life of a carpet.